We advocate for more freedom, smaller government, lower taxes and defending our Constitutional rights, including religious liberty and our 2nd Amendment Right to Bear Arms. Monthly meetings are usually the 3rd Thursday of each month at 7 pm. Get involved and make a difference in your county, state, and country!
Laurens County Tea Party hosted a luncheon for all area pastors, our members, and other Christians earlier this year to learn more about The Alliance. Watch the links below then sign up at www.buildingthealliance.com.
Fast fact about the US Dept. of Education, which was created in 1979: In 1980 their budget was 11.5 billion. In 2015, their budget is 67 billion, which is a staggering 600% increase. And, despite this massive amount of money, the result is stagnant test scores, huge bureaucracies, and a massive increase in the cost of education.
So what can we do?
State leaders need to take a stand. We need to give up the federal funds, which come with so many strings attached. And get our kids out of government schools.
1. join USPIE at http://www.uspie.org/contact-us.html…
2. Like their facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SC-Parents-Involved-in-Education…/…
3. Twitter: @stopfeded
4. Donate (money always helps! )
6. Get candidates to sign the pledge (found on their website) that they support abolishing the Dept. of Education.
7. Change your profile image to the StopFedEd logo (also found on their website)
(Based on a presentation by Sheri Few, Founder and Director of SCPIE.)
Next Laurens County Tea Party Meeting: Laurens County Candidate Meet and Greet. All local candidates appearing on the Nov. ballot are invited. Free refreshments. Come out and meet the candidates and be an informed voter! Location and date: Thursday Oct. 20th at 7pm at the Laurens County Higher Ed Learning Center, 663 Medical Ridge Rd., Clinton, Room 411.
All are welcome to attend!
Laurens County Tea Party recently hosted a luncheon for all elected officials and community leaders in Laurens County. The well-attended luncheon featured four speakers: Senator Danny Verdin; James Simpson, an author and expert on Refugee Resettlement; Lauren Martel, an attorney who has filed a lawsuit against Gov. Haley, DSS, and two private groups, in order to stop Refugee Resettlement in SC; and the plaintiff in the case, Brian Bilbro. Here is the link to watch the event:
Here’s the video link to the awesome Rally we had in Laurens on Sat. Oct. 10th. Speakers include Michael Post, Pastor of Lucas Avenue Baptist Church, Adam Powers, Pastor of Bellview Baptist, Mike Gonzalez, Pastor of Columbia World Outreach, State Senator Danny Verdin, Laurens County Councilman Stewart Jones, and Rafael Cruz, Pastor and father to U.S. Senator Ted Cruz.
With Refugees currently being placed into Spartanburg County, SC, I am creating a database of pertinent links dealing with this issue.
Bill to prohibit state funds for refugees in SC: http://www.scstatehouse.gov/sess121_2015-2016/bills/4488.htm
Facebook groups: https://www.facebook.com/RefugeeInfoResource/?fref=ts
Check out www.FoundersWay.net
This site is intended to help bring like-minded people together from all over the country for some common goals by rediscovering the insights of the Founding Generations. Whether one is a mother, father, or single adult, hopefully all will benefit. Use our members only Blogs, Forums, easy Searches and $avings benefits to
- Build personal support networks anywhere in the United States for each member and their families.
- Search for other members by Name, Location, Skills, Assets, Interests, For Sale/Trade or Wanted/Needed.
- Use our Forums for Questions and Answers.
- Follow our Blogs for News and Commentary.
- Use our bulk Grocery $avings benefit for high quality at a lower cost. (Visit the Inman Feed Mill business page for more details.)
- Support the education of current and future generations about our American Birthright as it was intended to be.